COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Here is some advice from the NHS on how you can avoid catching or spreading coronavirus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work or school
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you feel unwell, or have been advised to self-isolate, please do not come into the practice. Call us and we will happily re-arrange your next appointment.
If you have any questions about coronavirus, you can find some great resources from the NHS here